My world

My world

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fertility Care

We have been going to fertility care for about a year now.  Every other day is a lab draw~either it is my potassium that is too low or my thyroid that is too high.  My progesterone and Estrogen levels have been pretty steady lately but I do take supplements for the both of them.  It sucks to be 33 and have a body that doesn't allow you to produce your own progesterone or estrogen.  My body produces very little amounts of each.  But the medication has helped a great deal.  It is amazing that it has been a year ago when Dale and I decided to start going to fertility care and see what our issues were.  We wanted to find out why we are having such a hard time conceiving.  We have been married for 10 years and no child, and we never used any birth control.  We have learned a lot from this process.  It is a longer process than IVF or other procedures that they offer, but this way we are getting my body ready to care and carry a baby for 9 months.    I am replenishing my body of what nutrients and vitamins that I am missing.  It is an exciting exciting time in our life.  I am not sure what the next chapter in our life consists of but, I am ready for the adventure!!

No comments: