My world

My world

Sunday, June 13, 2010

A bad situation mixed with good

I have this friend at work who is 21 years old and told me the other day that she has endometrosis really bad that they told she needed a hysterectomy within the year.  She was talking to me about this the other night on my morning shift.  She told me she told the doctors to hold back on the hysterectomy for 2 years so she can have a child or try to have a child, because she really wants to be a mom.  I thought well that is sweet, until I heard her plans.  The worse thing about this whole situation is that she is not married nor does she have a boyfriend.  She said that she was going to find a random guy in the bar and have a child with them.  I think that is a very unsafe thing to do.  I also think it is a very immature thing to even consider.  Just think of all the STD's that she could get or even worse HIV or AIDS.  A worse case scenario could lead to her death, for tricking the boy or just the night of fire and fun going wrong.  She thinks she is invincible.  I prayed for her at church today to find a different pathway for her misfortune and move on, she is way to young to destroy her life.  No one to share the love for the child with her but herself and family members.  This would be a beginning of a disaster.   I feel for her and her endometrosis but there has got to be some common sense too.  I guess after hearing about her story, I guess my life ain't bad.  I am just wanting a child of my own, but at least maybe with special doctors and tests, maybe it will happen within a year or two.  I am getting inpatient for my meeting with the fertility clinic on JULY 23.  I just keep praying that I will have an offspring by next year and Dale and I will cherish every living moment of it!

No comments: