My world

My world

Friday, June 25, 2010

Clomid

So I have been doing a lot of reading on this whole pregnancy topic and I decided that I am going to ask the doctor about getting on clomid.  It is an ovulation medication that is 30 % effective.  So hopefully within the next 6 months I will be with child.  I read in one article that the chances of having twins is about 50% so lets just pray that I am in that 50%.  One child is good but 2 right away would be better.  Then I don't have to go through the whole birthing process twice, once would be a charm.  I know I have heard many good birthing stories, but I have heard many horrid birthing experiences.  I think one time going through the whole deal would be PERFECT!!  
So getting back to the medication, which is completely healthy to take because it helps you increase your ovulation.  What the medication does is it helps infertile woman become pregnant.  It works by causing an egg to mature and be released from the ovaries.  Clomid has to be taken once daily for 5 days during the menses cycle.  So hopefully this medication will help me become pregnant.  The only bad part about the whole medication is the side effects, which could lead you to think you are pregnant even if you are not.  The other side effects of the medication include hot flashes, breast pain, and vision changes. None of these sound great to me. Not sure what to do.  It also stated that Tylenol helps with the side effects of the mediation.  I guess I have to wait to see how my clinic appointment goes at the fertility clinic in a month.  
Now, I am going to get into some personal issues such as how irregular I have been with my periods for the last 10 years.  I have always wondered how it would be to have a normal menses cycle.  I don't think I have ever had a normal month or a normal period.  So it all started on a sunny day back when I was 18.  Yes, I first got my period during the last month of my senior year in high school.  All my friends talked about how grown up they all were because they all had there periods before they were 13 years old.  Me on the other hand, kept quiet, and just pretended that I was experiencing the same thing.  Not so much, I didn't experience that until 4-5 years after everyone else in my grade experienced it.  Thankful for that of course.  But ever since than I have never had a consistent period.  
I can go one month without having it, to having it for one day of spotting, to having a very cramping menses that lasts up to 3 days. crazy as that sounds, I think it is from all the birth control I was on in life.  I  was on birth control for at least 8-9 years or longer, because the doctor tried to regulate my periods more, but I think it caused more damage than good.  I am not sure what to expect.  Now, my husband and I have a hard time conceiving  and we are not sure exactly why.  I guess with my appointment being less than a month away, I am getting more and more excited about finding ways how to become a mom.  I guess, if I can not have my own children, I will see if we can adopt or if we can take in foster kids, I guess I am not sure what these next two years hold for us!!  I just keep praying that the good lord thinks we are good enough to have a family of our own.  Or maybe he has other plans for us, we will see what happens.... I will keep you posted!!

No comments: