My world

My world

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hard times

I am not sure if I am ready for this challenge.  I am not even sure if I am strong enough either.  I need encouragement or do I just need courage?  This past weekend was my weekend to work, and all hell broke lose, making me double think the ideas I have in my head.  I don't know if my readers know what career I have, but at times it is challenging and demanding.  I am a Nurse at a local hospital in Wisconsin.  I love my job, but like I said at times it can totally pull at your heart strings.  Well, this past weekend was a big challenge for me and this whole topic on babies.  I had 3 little pleasantly confused ladies who were greater than 90 years old and every time I went into there rooms they asked me, "Are you married?"  I would say,"yes for about 9 years now."  Then they would ask, "Do you have any children."   I would say, "No."   The one lady said, "Oh, kids aren't for everyone."  Which that comment wasn't the worst.  I just agreed and went on my way to my next patients room. The same questions were asked in that room, only her comment was, "I never had no kids either, I have been a nun for 85 years and I loved my nunnery."  Which  I thought to my self, does she think I am a nun?  But again I went on my way to the next patients room.  Her comment totally surprised the pants off me.  She asked, "Are you married"  I said, "Yes."   Then she asked, "Do you have any children?"   I said, "NO" then her surprising comment was, "Do you need someone to show you how it is done."  I looked at her in shock and said, "Okay now, I need to give you your blood pressure medication."  but the whole time I was thinking what nerve she has to say that to me.  I also thought, my blood pressure was rising and maybe I should take the medication myself.   But I gave her the medication and went on my merry way.   Lets just say be the end of the day I was totally ready to come home to the wonderful man that I love and adore!!

No comments: