My world

My world

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is this right or wrong

I have a friend at work who definitely does not want children and she is getting married in October to a man who wants a child very badly.  She told me last night that she is going to go and get her tubes tied  before she gets married because she does not want to take any chances.  Is this right, doing something that could affect her and her husbands future.  I explained to her that if it is that big of a deal she should discuss it with her boyfriend, if she is feeling this way about children.  She then told me that she isn't even going to tell her boyfriend, she is just going in and getting it done.  She also stated that it is her body and she is going to do anything in her power to make sure she never gets pregnant.  She is 26 years old, does she really know what she wants??  I didn't want children at that age either, but now 6 years later my mind set has changed, and I am having a hard time becoming pregnant.  What is wrong with people?  I guess, thankfully she realized it now before she has children and something bad happens..  What do you think about this situation?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO WRONG. I feel bad for her fiance. You should really be open with things like this.

I have loved reading your new blog.

Prayers are being sent your way...

xx.

Evonne

Unknown said...

Thank you Greatly appreciated!!!