My world

My world

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Leukemia

My pal Rita is 68 years old and last July/August she was diagnosed with Leukemia.  On February 8th she goes in for a bone marrow transplant.  She has a donor who is a male, unsure of what he looks like, this man is willing to give my friend Rita his bone marrow.  What an amazing person he is.  I am blessed they found a donor who is a match for my sweet friend Rita.
I met Rita when I used to work at the Kraft Cheese Factory in Waupaca, Wisconsin.  I used to give her the nick name "Rita Pita" when we worked on the hummus pita line.  We used to giggle a lot together and have a lot of fun.  She is a wonderful woman.  Great friend and was an amazing co-worker.  She has the kindest heart you will ever meet.  She is soft spoken with a heart of gold.  She has fun where ever she goes.  We used to have so much fun on the line that we worked on.  I miss Rita, she is like a mother to me.  I am hoping and praying that her bone marrow transplant goes good, and she gets healthy.  I hope the Leukemia packs up and leaves her body for good..  Please keep my friend Rita in your prayers in the next few weeks for she will need all the care and prayers she can get..  

I truly love and adore my friendship that we share!!! 
Good luck my friend!

Like I said she has fun where ever she goes!

No comments: