My world

My world

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

BFF

When I was young I always thought it would be cool to have a BFF (best friend forever).  I could never find a person that didn't already have a BFF.  I didn't want to be a BFF to someone who already had a BFF.  I know selfish right... Wrong I didn't want to share my BFF with anyone.  I never wanted to feel like the third wheel, but in the end I was.  Needless to say, I never had a BFF until 12 years ago when I met my husband.  
When he first asked me out I said, "No, I was busy this weekend"  then he would asked about the following weekend and the following weekend. Let's just say he asked me out 6 - 9 times before I agreed to going somewhere with him.   I did not know if I really wanted to date him.  He had long hair that he flipped under his hat.  Lets just say I was not attracted to him.  But, he was very persistent and I agreed to go somewhere with him.  Unsure of where we went on our first date.  It could have been bowling with friends, pool with friends, or maybe I think we went to the races but telling you the truth, I do not remember what we did on our first date.  I know terrible right.  I think it was because I didn't think of it as a first date.   I remember it was good whatever we did do.  Lets just say, we have been together ever since.  He is my best friend, he is my true love, he is the father of my child, and he is wonderful.  My husband is compassionate, caring, loving, beautiful inside and out, he is one heck of a catch if you know what I mean.  He is mine for life and I could not have a happier life.  He makes it wonderful to wake up next to. Without him I would be lost.  He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  When I am sad, he builds me up. He knows exactly what to say to me on my down days.  He is my one true love.  My life is complete.  He completes me, and Gabriella completes me too. I have a perfect family.  And, finally after all these years I have my own BFF and I am truly happy.....

No comments: