My world

My world

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Drying up the Girls

I have been breast feeding for 3 months now, or should I say I have been pumping and putting the milk into bottles.  It is just more convenient for our life style. It is nice when daddy can help feed at night.  However, I do have an amazing sleeper.  I guess the concern starts because in two weeks I have to go back to work I have to either pump at work which would be very difficult or I need to start drying the girls up.  I would love to keep pumping for Gabriella longer, but with working it is very difficult.  I am not sure what to do here.  I can pump at work but I am a very self conscious  person, they don't have a good place for you to pump, and half the time I do not get a break so it would be after work hours anyways.  I do however have up to 2 months of breast milk stored in the freezer.  
How do you dry up the girls? Is it painful? I am starting to only pump 3 times a day instead of 5 times a day.  I have been getting 30 ounces of breast milk per day with pumping 5 x a day.  I also use a vitamin called FENUGREEK.  I ran out yesterday so I am deciding if I should or if I should not buy some more.  I guess Dale, my husband tells me to stop breast pumping and let it all go, but in the back of my head I keep saying it is better for her than formula.  If you use formula which one do/did  you use and did your baby like it?  I am not sure what to do, I only have 2 weeks before I go back to work.  I should have thought about this a little sooner.  
I guess the big question here is how did you dry up your girls without all the discomfort and not getting mastitis. Can you help a milking mom in need... Any suggestions????

No comments: