My world

My world

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Lump....

I do not know what to think right now.... 
     A few weeks back I found a slender, round, hard nodule in my right breast, I wasn't to concerned with it because I just thought it was from breast feeding and I figured one of my milk ducts was just a little bit bigger than the rest.  
     Well, today I went to the fertility clinic and the doctor there wants me to go see a surgeon.  She wants to get the nodule biopsied.  My doctor does not think it is too concerning because she thinks it just a cyst, but the nodule is getting bigger.  The first thing she asked was, "Is there any history of breast cancer in your family."  I said, "NO."  As a precautionary measure she wants me to go see a surgeon. I am freaking right now.  So many emotions.  I guess the biggest thing is I am not sure which surgeon I want to see for I work with all of them at the hospital, and to me it is a little embarrassing.  I know, I know they deal with this crazy stuff all the time but  I work with them, that is the difference.  I guess this is just a little bit out of my comfort area.  I can see having joint surgery or appendix, but a breast..   Give me a break or should I say a breast..  I guess I have many things running through my head right now.  I am mostly concerned that it might be the big C.  
How can this be happening I was just blessed with a beautiful baby girl who I love and cherish and want to spend every waking moment with her.  But now......I am not sure what is going to happen.  I truly believe in my heart that it is a CYST and not CANCER.  But, I am going to get it checked and see where it goes from there.  I will keep you posted... If she thought it was cancer I think she would had made me get in to see the surgeon as soon as possible.. But, she does not seem to be too concerned with it, so with that said... I will live my life, and live it to the fullest..  after I get my lumpy breast checked.  

No comments: