My world

My world

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blood Pressure

 So when I was in labor, my blood pressure went through the roof, so they put me on blood pressure medication at the clinic 3 weeks after I gave birth to Gabby.  To my surprise they never called me to check to see how my blood pressure was doing.  I am very concerned they forgot.
I am a nurse and I know that the doctor should check within a couple months of starting a new medication to see how the patient is doing.  I have not got a phone call from the doctors office.   So today, I decided to call and ask them if we are going to do a follow up office visit on the medication.  They told me they have NO record of me being on any blood pressure medication.  I said to the lady on the phone, that they just sent me another month prescription to the pharmacy.  She told me to stop taking medications that I prescribed, so I told her that  I was very discussed that they lost my records, and asked for a total refund on the cost that I paid for the medication and I wanted a refund on the doctors visit as well.  She told me she couldn't do that.  I told her that I was taking myself off the medication and we will see how my blood pressure is affected.  I was amazed at the disorganization that I had to deal with.  To the positive note, I no longer have headaches everyday from the medication!  But, I did called the supervisor to express my concerns.  They said they will look into it for me.  Thank goodness!!!  Hope this doesn't happen to another patient.  How terrible!!!
Hope you all are having a good Wednesday!

2 comments:

momto8 said...

oh that stinks!! I hope you got everything straightened out!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Anonymous said...

0, tetracycline for acne,