My world

My world

Friday, February 3, 2012

My Secret Daughter

I have a secret daughter her name is Brittany Sue.  She is a wonderful girl, has a lot of self esteem issues.  Her parents never allowed her to be herself, and never paid her much attention. She would get in trouble with the cops to get attention from her parents.  I have always thought of  her as my daughter.  
If you don't know who Brittany, she is my niece.  She turned 21 on Monday January 30th.  I am glad she is 21 but here in Wisconsin, the bar life is what every one does when they turn 21.  I just pray that she stays smart and I hope she doesn't let the whole bar seen take over her life.  That is not the path I want her to take, but it is not my life and she is an adult.  
Now lets go backwards and I will tell you a little bit about her.  When Brittany was born she was my first niece, I was excited.  I seventh grade and I went to school and told all my friends that I had a niece. When Brittany was 3-4 years old I would put her in the stroller and take her for long walks.  Then when she was 5-9 years old I used to take her shopping to the mall.  It was fun, then afterwards I would take her out to eat.  Lets just say she was my favorite niece.   But, then she got into her teen years and you know how teenagers are.  Well, like a typical teenager she didn't  want anything to do with her aunt Jennifer.  
When she was 14 she called me and asked me what I was doing and I was actually at the BIG car show in IOLA Wisconsin.  But I told her I wasn't doing anything.  She asked me to come and get her, and I said I was on my way and then a few minutes later she called and told me to forget it.  She said she figured everything out and was okay with her life and her living situation.
A few years passed when Brittany called me again.  She was 16 when she called me and told me to come and get her.  This time she was for real..  She had told me that if I didn't go and get her she was going to commit suicide.. I went right away, I dropped everything and went and got her.   When I went and got her from her parents house I thought it was going to be for a week or two.  She got herself kicked out of high school for going to school drunk.  Yes, she was DRUNK and her parents didn't do anything about it.  She was expelled from Waupaca High School.   She was a WRECK to say the least.  I was bound and determined to get her back into a regular high school but we had to wait for her senior year.  She was only a junior.  She was placed in an alternative school.  We were told she had to finish her junior year of high school in that Alternative high school.  Talk about a JOKE... 
  The alternative school was a waste of my time, and a waste of her time.  She didn't have 1/2 of her school work done and they passed her.  I don't think she learned anything, and it was a waste of valuable tax dollars if you understand what I am getting at.  They didn't care if she passed or not.  They didn't even care if she got her work done or not, they were going to pass her no matter what.  Like I said WHAT A JOKE.  What is this world coming to.  I would have rather home schooled her for her junior year of high school. 
I got her in SPASH high school, which was great but it was huge.  She had 600 kids in her class.  Graduation was very long but she passed and she was on the B honor roll.  It was a great experience for my husband and I.  Her parents still treat her like she is an misfit, but to me she will always be my secret special daughter.  I have to say she has come a long way from where she was 4 years ago.  I thank my lucky stars that I was there for her when she needed someone.  I am glad I got  to be her go to person.  Not everyone in this world can go from being married to raising a troubled teenager.  It was a GREAT experience and I would do it all over again.. Brittany we are so luck to have you in our lives!  You are special to us and we are proud of you!  We couldn't ask for a better person to be Gabriella's big sister :)  Thanks for being in our lives and we cherish what we share.  You will always carry a special piece of our hearts.  We love you and we care about you more than you know :)  You are a shining star, so keep shining BRIGHTLY!  

No comments: